Full-time employees will be rewarded with competitive pay, comprehensive health benefits, State of Delaware pension benefits, paid holidays, and ample paid professional development.
Is DTA the place for you?
Joining our team as a staff member is an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of Delaware youth while building an innovative school.
We seek people who share our passion for innovation and show resourcefulness and an entrepreneurial spirit. Our best candidates are smart, creative, forward thinking, optimistic, energetic, tech-savvy, empathic, problem-solvers who persevere in building a successful career.
Design Thinking Academy is an inclusive work environment that celebrates diversity. We will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Ideal Teacher Candidate Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
- Current or pending relevant Delaware certification
- Additional Special Education certification preferred
- Demonstrable technology skills
- Teaching experience in an urban school setting
- Proven success producing measurable gains in student achievement
- Ability to adjust instructional strategies in order to reach goals
- Openness to feedback and desire for continuous improvement
- Portfolio of work, lesson plans & experiences relevant to the position
- Demonstrated leadership in school, organization and/or community
The Design Thinking Academy mission is to empower all students to be tomorrow’s innovators and lifelong learners who question, imagine, create, and share every day.
Design Thinking Academy develops generations of innovators who create solutions to the world's problems through design thinking.